Material World and Fashion Exhibition


Material World and International Fashion Exhibition happens twice a year at Javits Center in NYC. The last couple times I had been in this type of exhibition, it gives me a lot of ideas and inspiration. Also, you get to exposed all beautiful fabrics, ribbons, buttons, notions, references books about the industy... and much more. I learned more about what's out there in the textile/fashion/garment industry. You are talking with professionals in the field. On the last exhibition I attended, I finally found a software for my designs. A user friendly software for textile design/production: Pointcarre. What I learned in U4ria in FIT, it was so much harder to understand. It needs many steps to create a simple function. I found it very unfriendly interface and difficult to work with. I think Pointcarre is the solution for me. The functionality, the interface, the tools, the short-cuts are so similar to what I am used to work with graphic design softwares, like illustrator and photoshop. One of my next goal is to dedicate my time on patterns and textile design, something that I had put off for a short time. But I am glad that I am moving forward with textile design soon!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March of the Tools

My owls at Martha Stewart