Loving it

Here is my little simple final project from a class I just finished at Parson School of Design Continuing Education. The class name was Fabric selection and style. It was taught by a very passionated professor (Salvatore Cesarani). What a sweet man! We went couple field trips to an organization, a textile design company and the textile library at the Met in NYC. What I like about this class is we were exposed to resources, process and inspirations. It helped me to create my mood board and the design for girl playful clothes. I sketched 4 designs, flats, swatch colors and collected sample fabrics and notions for the design. Each class was so exciting and interesting... too bad that it was only 6 sessions.

Mood board
My designs are influenced by french clothing in the 1700s-1800s. Layers, wide bell long sleeves and detailed designs. Also, quilt, fantasy land, fairies, happiness, happy girls, briht colors, playful illustrations and shapes, big flower prints.


Fresh Bloom
The name of my collection. It has free spirit style, spring style, beautiful details, contrast patterns and shapes.

Little Red Riding Hood

Princess Emma

Playful-Betty

Playful-Anna

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My owls at Martha Stewart