new york city and the fashion/garment distric

Lived around the metro area for over 20 years... time passed so fast since I started my new life in the states. I was in Flushing, queens... married... lived for a year in San Francisco... came back to NY to live in Brooklyn... later we found our new home in Parlin, NJ. It's about 30 minutes to downtown NYC.

My point in this post is not to tell you where I had lived for the last 20 years of my life... it's to tell you about NYC. It's a unique city like no other... of course it's New York City. I love design... and I think NYC has it all...in fashion, interior design, graphic design... If you are interested in fashion, please visit the garment fashion district booth, located at 37th and 7av. or visit the fashion center website: http://www.fashioncenter.com/ for more info. I am lucky to be exposed many fabric stores, design studios, professionals and get inspiration from different sources around, such as fashion events. I can spend couple days to visit all type of stores around the garment district. They are all different and carry their particular items that can't find other places... so it's good to shop around... including prices.

Disdressed blog has a good list of craft stores worth to visit. They are my favorite stores too. Check her blog in this link


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

March of the Tools

My owls at Martha Stewart